|Five (5) major components of our program which create more success and differentiate it from other weight loss programs:
- 1. Meal Replacements
- 2. Behavior Modification Training
- 3. Medical Supervision: Physicians, Registered Dietitians, and Medical Assistants
- 4. Exercise
- 5. Maintenance Program
1. Meal Replacements
Benefits of Meal Replacements
Decision free – client doesn’t have to make a lot of choices, plan meals, shop for food, etc.
- Gives client a break from current eating behaviors and relationship with food while learning new skills. On an average, more than 3 times as much weight is lost and maintained using meal replacements compared with traditional diets. Average weight loss on a “meal replacement only” program is 3lbs. per week. Such a weight loss can rapidly improve obesity related medical conditions, including high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol and triglycerides. Meal replacements improve dietary compliance, decrease hunger, and allow optimal nutrition intake at a lower calorie value.
2. Behavior Modification Training
- Weekly classes are designed to teach skills necessary to become an effective self-manager, instead of relying on willpower. Classes include such topics as - planning, environmental control, emotional eating, self-talk, building support, body image, portion control, physical activity, as well as healthy eating.
3. Medical Supervision
- Our staff are professionals trained in the weight loss field:
- Dr. Jerry Darm, MD - Medical Director
- Dr. Thomas Davenport - M.D. PhD
- Nancie Fisher, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Marge Norman, RD - Registered Dietitian, and
- Heather Hills, MA - Medical Assistant.
- What is monitored? Medications, appetite suppression, body composition analysis, lab draws, blood pressure and EKG. We also coordinate your progress with you primary care physician.
- Exercise is one of the major predictors of successful weight loss and, even more importantly, weight maintenance. Our goal is to train clients to incorporate physical activity into any lifestyle, understand its importance, and learn to enjoy it!
- Clients entering maintenance for one year and classes available to them for continued healthy behaviors for a lifetime.
|Dr. Darm Facebook||Dr. Darm Twitter||Dr. Darm Videos||Dr. Darm Flickr||Dr. Darm Slideshare||Dr. Darm Blogspot|